Scrapbook Royalty has teamed up with the Fiskateers to "feed our community":
A food drive to feed the hungry.
So from now until June 13th, Scrapbook Royalty is going to be collecting and posing a challenge to you to ‘feed our community.’ Here are the specifics . . .
- As a scrapbooking community we will gather food and other non-perishable items and donate them to our local community food banks.
- The members of the charity fiskamittee and Scrapbook Royalty will be setting up dates and locations where food can be donated. We are hoping this will provide a great opportunity to meet with other fiskateers and papercrafters giving to the same cause and to connect. If there isn’t a location near you . . . by all means, set up your own plan to do the collecting in your area and make the drop off to the food bank of your preference.
- We know the economical crisis is hitting home for so many of us. The Dollar Store is a great place to get canned foods and other items to donate.
- For example, Cheryl, Lead Fiskateer, will be sending out more details but will be leading efforts to donate to the Orange County Rescue Mission which does a great deal of wonderful work here in Orange County. She is hoping that on Saturday, June 13th she might be able to meet many of you fiskateers at the OC Rescue Mission (have to figure out details) and greet you as you drop off your donation. http://www.rescuemission.org/
- We will collect and attempt to have a meeting date/drop off date on Saturday, June 13th or otherwise specified. There will be other dates and times you can also participate and donate . . . Maxine Hodges will be collecting during National Scrapbook Day, Sudie and Debby will collect during their SC crop in May. There will be other opportunities as well. Stay tuned here on the front side of the blog, the message board and the fiskateer calendar.
- After speaking with a gal at the OC Rescue Mission she informed Cheryl that the biggest needs they are seeing at this time are the needs for non-perishable food items such as boxes of Mac n’ Cheese, canned food, cereal, spaghetti and tomato sauce, peanut butter, and pasta to name a few. As well, there is a great need for formula, diapers and wipes (new) as these can be expensive items.
- Feel free to collect a brown paper grocery bag and craft it to your heart’s delight with a personal message from you . . . as a fiskateer or crafter. Then fill your bag full of groceries. Check out the dates and times (as they are announced) and decide at which time you want to go and drop off your donation.
On National Scrapbook Day, will be offering anyone who brings a can of food to the store 10% off of any item. Every can of food counts towards more items!
We will also be promoting a drop off party on June 13th at the San Diego Food Bank
So what am I doing?
I'll be talking to some local stores and working on collecting cans for the food banks in our area. Mary's Table in San Bernardino and the food bank and Victor Valley Christian Church will likely be the recipients of whatever food I am able to collect. And like Elena, I will be giving Fairy Fly Bys to the frist 25 people to donate food to me--you can just bring it to a class!! I will keep the Fairy Fly Bys on hand just in case.
Stay tuned for more details!!!